Giving back matters
One of Hamilton Insurance Group’s First Principles is Be more. In particular, Hamilton believes this principle applies to the way in which the Company and its employees support the communities in which they do business.
Following a review of its funding processes and policies, the committee has made a number of decisions designed to enhance the effectiveness of its financial support to qualifying charities in Bermuda.
This year, Committee members will only consider applications for funding at their quarterly meeting on Wednesday, September 20. Applications should be received no later than Wednesday, September 13. A revised form will be available for download on Friday, April 28.
In order to be considered for funding during 2017, organizations must:
- be a Bermuda-registered charity in good standing;
- have a Board of Directors which meets regularly;
- be able to provide current financial statements, either audited or unaudited;
- demonstrate a willingness and ability to collaborate with other organizations; and
- where possible, incorporate innovative applications of technology to the programmes and services they provide.
- Individual athletes
- Individual schools
- Individual sports clubs
- Political or partisan organizations or events
- Faith-based organizations or initiatives
- For-profit organizations
Please note that the Community Giving Committee will not fund or support organizations that, in their by-laws, policies, or practices, discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, marital status or other category otherwise protected by applicable law.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the information provided here. Inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.